Our Student's Eco-Action representatives have been working really hard to make sure our school and local community is as environmentally and as eco-friendly as possible.
Meet this year's Eco Team!
During the summer term of 2021, we achieved re-accrediation of the Green Flag and are looking forward to working on the points from our action plan.
We are currently collecting plastic toys as part of the 'Recycle to Read' scheme to help the environment reduce plastic waste - and to gain more books for school!
Our team has been working hard on thinking of ideas to help do our part in looking after our school and community.
A HUGE thank you to the wonderful Eco Action Team who stayed behind after school last night to discuss our action plan and to take part in the 'Great BIg School Clean'.
Our first job was to discuss our action plan. The projects on there are:
1) To reduce the amount of litter in our school community.
2) To improve how much we reduce/reuse and recycle.
3) To improve our health and wellbeing.
4) To reduce our school's energy bills.
5) To improve the outdoor learning provision.
We agreed that we would work on projects 1 and 5 this next half term. How we will do this:
1) LITTER: Carry out a litter pick around the school grounds tonight and then one in the local area next half term. We will organise a poster competition to encourage everyone to keep our community tidy.
5) SCHOOL GROUNDS: Nurture the trees we planted last year; plant seeds to grow our own fruit and vegetables (strawberries, carrots, potatoes and tomatoes) and use these to make something with. Keep the environment nice for Forest Schools by weeding the planters and picking up litter.. Develop outside art work in Arts Week in the Summer Term.
We started our work on Project 1 tonight - as part of the 'Great Big School Clean', we pledged to collect two bags of litter from around school. We achieved our goal!!
Take a look at the photographs of our beautiful environment - the planters we filled last year are now blooming!
Representatives from our Eco Action team met after school this week to continue with the litter pick they started before the holidays - this included the entrance to Lyme Park too. They will be meeting again next week to weed the planters and to set up a mini greenhouse to grow tomatoes in.
Have a look at the photos of our beautiful planters - the fruit trees we planted last year are doing well and are covered in blossom!